January 10th, 2012 | Uncategorized | Comments Off
The Laganella Consulting Group is organizing a team to participate in the Jacksonville Start-up Weekend being held Jan 20 – 22nd at the University of North Florida (more info). The plan is to build further on the concept that our award winning team produced at the hackathon hosted at TechVenture in December of 2011. In a nutshell the team will build a working application running on iPhone and Droid that will utilize a live XML feed, geo-location, and yellowpages.com information for a Business-to-Business application. We already have some team members on board, but need additional skills to round out the group. Below is a list of skills we are looking for:
- Web Application Architect with open source portal experience. I’m leaning towards DRUPAL, but will defer to the computer scientists to select the best technology stack. Must have some database programming ability.
- Middleware Programmer skills needed will depend on the architecture and have experience linking applications to databases.
- iPhone Programmer that has written at least one mobile application. Experience with iPhone emulators is a big plus.
- Android Programmer that has written at least one mobile application. Experience with iPhone emulators is a big plus.
- UI Designer familiar with human/application interaction design concepts and the ability to work with programmers to turn conceptual designs into working interfaces. Ability and tools used to produce wire frames is a big plus.
- Artificial Intelligence Programmer/Mathematician familiar with parsing large amounts of data from an XML stream, and culling out specific subsets of data. An algorithms to learn from results from that subset to prioritize the most effective information is the goal. We don’t expect to finish this algorithm during the weekend, but need to articulate how it can be done.
- Marketing Expert(s) with expertise in branding, presentation writing, and/or market research.
- Security / White Hacking Expert this is a nice to have, but hey, we’re forming a dream team and at LCG we dream big.
A team organization meeting will be held via conference call this week on Friday January 13th.
When: Friday January 13th at noon sharp
Where: Anywhere with a phone
Conference Bridge: +1 675-475-6333 Passcode 883801
Personal Note: I had thought about sponsoring a team, but decided I wanted hungry team members that were willing to invest not only there time, but put some financial skin in the game as well. As you can see from above, the LCG “Dream Team” is in this thing to win it, and plan to have a intense but fun event where a lot of learning and friendship will evolve. I hope to hear you on the call on Friday, and look forward to meeting you in person soon. Ever forward.
About the author: Vincent Laganella is a entrepreneur with expertise in business process and enterprise application development expert with more than 15 years of experience. He has more than 4 start-ups to his credits on projects ranging from stock trading systems to the monetization of online video. He founded the Laganella Consulting Group in 2008 to help companies large and small run more efficiently, and make more money.